Money

Yesterday I was driving down 75 like I do almost everyday, and I saw a billboard:

Victim of Foreclosure?

I probably have seen this billboard before, but yesterday I was like "WHAT??"

For the most part people who are getting thrown out of their homes are not victims of foreclosure.  The victim is the person who signed an agreement with you, that you said you would honor to pay your house note.  If you paid your bills on time, your house doesn't get foreclosed on.

I knew someone who had their electricity turned off because they didn't pay their bill, and DTE (the audacity!) cut off their electricity after they made payment arrangements and didn't pay!  I think I'd do the same thing if I was DTE.

I have had problems in the past making my bills.  That's why I got more than one job or I cut back on my spending.

I have to admit, I was taking a look at my budget today and too much money is going out, but praise God there is more than enough coming in.  There are certain things I enjoy, or at least enjoyed.  I loved loved loved going out to eat.  I don't necessarily feel that way anymore because I get a stomach ache every time I eat out (AMERICA!  WE NEED BETTER QUALITY FOOD!!!), and i do like my iphone, but at the end of the day, those are just things, and we really can do without them.

There are things I've started to do to spend less, I have a garden.  I have tons and tons of tomatoes (or soon at least I will), cukes, basil, things I love that I can plant & can myself to save money down the line.  You know I'm all into organic, so I buy my organic beans dried, and can them (initial investment of the jars pays off over the long run), I eat rice, not pasta, next week I will start making my own oatmeal in the morning, along with brewing my own tea.

I'm getting a newer used car to save on car payments and gas :)  I'll be working on it next week while I am off, though I will be on the Detroit Mission Trip.  Hopefully by Friday, I will be the proud owner of a new (not brand) car.

There are a lot of things that we can make concessions in regarding the way we spend our money so that we don't become a "victim"

Need help?  I've got an easy budget to use to figure out what goes in, and what goes out!

Thank You Jesus for wisdom on how I should spend my money!!


Comments

Crown of Beauty said…
I have not really been to your blog often, but this afternoon I decided to pay your blogplace a visit... read about four of your recent posts. You do make a lot of sense, Margie. Loved reading your heart, and hey, thanks for sharing!

Glad I came by today. I'm mostly vegetarian, too, and I make my own kefir. It provides the calcium and protein that our bodies need.

Love
Lidia