more ramblings

Lots of rambling going on in my brain! Wondering why you are still here reading… but I am glad you are!!  There might be a lot of rambling posts for awhile, we were told to do what we need to do, whether journal (I'm doing that too) or something to help us after our trip... Well... I blog!


-I didn’t do it on purpose. I’ve become an almost vegetarian. HA! I do eat meat, I am certainly not against it, but I really am staying away from it unless it’s organic. I know, you might be thinking, “she’s really lost it” but honestly, the meat here (in the States) doesn’t taste all that great (with the exception of an awesome brisket I had on the 4th) and it usually gives my belly something to complain about. I’d say probably that we weren’t designed to ingest ammonia (that’s what they wash chicken meat with to kill bacteria – and we wonder why cancer is on the rise!).

I’ve actually dropped a few pounds since leaving for Haiti, and my eating habits have certainly changed. I eat oatmeal everyday! WHAT? Yes that’s right, I’ve eaten it for breakfast a lot lately. I do waste my money on stopping at Starbucks to get “the perfect oatmeal” because I just haven’t gotten to the market to buy the stuff to make it myself. This weekend that will change. It is delicious, I will tell you.

I also either eat beans and rice for lunch or dinner, and a salad at the other meal. I’m thankful I canned my own beans because they are organic and delicious (and cheap!!!). I mean delicious!! Imagine, your food actually tasting good without a ton of stuff on it. It’s glorious!

I don’t plan on being one of those high maintenance people who won’t eat anything at someone else’s house, I just know that this way, makes me feel better, my food tastes good, and I am satisfied. Just as God intended.

-I’ve been gobbling up His Word lately. I was so excited when I found out that Isaiah was next in my reading plan! I’ve never been excited about Isaiah before, but I was excited to read it this morning!!! So good!

-I’ve also made some new friends since going to Haiti, and I’m going to visit them in August, after my El Salvador trip, it seems far away but it will be here soon enough, I can’t wait! We’ve got lots to talk about, can’t wait!!! I have a feeling there won’t be a moment of silence between the two of us!!

-Do you ever feel like you’re almost constantly talking to God? That’s how I feel lately. Talking to Him (praying) for others, thanking Him for so much!! I don’t know what I ever did (I know I did nothing!) to deserve His love, but that just makes me more thankful for it!!

-Gonna work on the I love Detroit Trip this weekend, going to get some of the food made if possible to make it easier on me next week! I’m looking forward to serving in a different capacity. It’s gonna be good!

-He is good. All the time!

-I have an unspoken prayer request. Not putting it out here (yet) but God knows. I need complete direction (and provision) for something. Please pray that He lights my path so I can see the way. That I will be obedient, no matter the direction (and it might get hard!) but that I will follow Him, and that seriously He will provide!

Isa 1:16-17
Wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds out of my sight;
stop doing wrong.
17 Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.[a]
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.

Comments