Praying

I find myself talking to God a lot lately.  Call it praying, if you will.  I find myself asking Him what it is that He would have me to do about a lot of things.


You see, I'm not very smart.  I'm impulsive.  I'm quirky.  


But I love Jesus. And thankfully He takes all of me, even those things I mentioned above.


When He answers our prayers, I am never surprised, I am usually surprised when He doesn't and I never know why but I trust that He knows, and He is Sovereign, and Good. All the time.


I really really like my mini-van.  If it got better gas mileage, I would keep it forever.  But I'm selling it.  Gertie is a great van, she's got the extended warranty, she's shiney, she works/runs well.  And honestly, I never cared that I spent up to $600 a month in gas depending on the month and the driving involved. That's a lot of money.  In my prayers I am hearing God's voice that He can do more with that money.  So I am excited for the next step, and I will be selling/possibly trading in Gertie for a more economical car.


I've got some crazy things on my heart, things that in my head don't make sense but I've learned over the years, I'm just not that bright. So, here I am, praying, trusting, and listening.  Wherever You want me to go, Lord, lead the way, light the path so that I will not get lost. Do not let go. I loveYou.


Phil 4:5-7 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Comments

jennifer said…
I LOVE it! Listening and being obedient does not always make sense to us but hind sight is 20/20. Lean not on your own understanding!"