Unwinding

It's hard, I want to talk to people about Haiti, and I have a little, but it's so hard. My heart is exploding and imploding at the same time.  I can spontaneously combust into tears at any moment.

Here are a few of my random thoughts:
I don't feel like I did anything in Haiti. i feel like i was completely blessed!  It was an amazing time and I am having a hard time adjusting.  I am exhausted yet can't sleep.  I feel like I can feel God's presence just as much at home as I did there I love that I need Him so much!

I missed my daughter, but I felt like I left my own children in Haiti. I also feel like I don't want to become 'reacclaimated' into the way we do things here.  It was hard there, don't get me wrong, bathing in a bucket was not fun, being hot all the time, and being a dirt ball wasn't exactly thrilling either, but i miss the dirt of Haiti.

Here are some random things I miss:
Saying I love you and kissing muffins every night!
Hearing children sing and worship the Lord 
Haitian Perfume (bug spray)
Sleeping outside (remember, before I went to Haiti, I didn't like camping!!)
Question time with Jude
beads of sweat dripping down my legs because there were beautiful children on my lap
beans and rice
'Lottery water' - when the power would be on, the first water out of the cooler was so cold we said it was like hitting the lottery
Getting a hug from Leah when I'd cry
Kissing Morgan and Leah
The best ice cream bar on the planet 
Simple life, no time constraints

Today I stopped up at Alive to get some things take care and ended up being needed for something and stayed for the service.  I needed to sing with the band.




I needed to hear the song that is above.  It was amazing, God knew exactly what I needed!

Comments