Water


This is a post I wrote from the Haiti Blog http://alivemissions.tumblr.com/
June 27
I think about how funny it is that at home, I can take two baths a day (and I’m not even really dirty) and I fill the tub as full as I can. When I take a shower, I run the water a lot in the beginning, and tend to stand in the water while it runs, just because I can. I’ve always known it was waste but until I was here I didn’t really do anything about it. I know that I don’t have the option of actually sending water here (like when you were little and parents would say “there are children in Africa starving”) but I think this whole experience has shown me how I waste God’s wondrous resources all the time. I found myself asking God what I should give up, how I can use the money that He has provided for better things.

Something as simple as going to the bathroom this morning… there wasn’t enough water in this big drum that we have to use for washing up and flushing the toilets. I am guessing when I tell you that big, it’s about 50 gallons. This morning (at 5:30 AM!!!) I had to fill it. Take water from a well they have outside underground, fill 5 gallon buckets (only about 4 gallons so I didn’t spill it) and fill the drum. Not the greatest morning experience I can tell you, however, about half way through I just started saying His Name “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus” over and over again. It was amazing that last night I had asked Him how He wanted me to serve today, I wrote in my journal “what to do? What to do? What to do? Answer Lord! I’m listening”.
To tell you the truth water at 5:30 AM was not what I had in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of smooching muffins, helping the Madame cook.
But He asked, without saying a word, and I answered, thankfully praising His name. (ok, maybe not at first, but that’s how it ended)
For the last 4 days I haven’t even thought about Starbucks Trenta Iced Tea. I have been super thankful that there is water to drink, and plenty of it! It has done more than just get us through the day, it has given us energy, it has provided life.
There is something about His Name. And the water that He has provided us on this trip has been so needed, but more importantly, I started thinking about drinking from the Living Water. He has done more than just sustain my life. He has saved it, He has given me a joy and a love that I never knew possible.
His water, in all forms, is something that I will always be thankful for!
Thank You Jesus for more than I deserve, may I always use the resources You provide just as You wish!
Loveyou!!
Margie
Hey Pean! I loveyou, to the moon and back… plus one!

Comments