Being the Mom

I love being a mom.  I know that I was created to be a mom, even when I wasn't so sure that I wanted to be one.  I have the most beautiful, funny, talented, amazingly awesome daughter on the planet, just ask me, I'll tell you ;)


Every mom is different.  But we were created to love so crazy big.


When I went to Haiti, there was this absolutely most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life, her name was Claudette, and I actually called her Madame just like everyone else.  This woman.  OHMYWORD!  She lived out Proverbs 31, the light of Jesus was shining out of her like, seriously nothing I had ever seen before.  She worked hard, and probably did most of it without anyone saying thank you for every single thing she did.  She probably did more things that people didn't notice than they did. She was AMAZING!


The woman who took care of the children at Have Faith Orphanage died on Saturday.  The people I know that she loved are grieving.  She was their momma. Her love affected 100s if not 1000s of people.  There were the children that she loved, and there are more people who are affected by her love because she poured out into some, and then they in turn poured out into others.  Love is a beautiful thing, it is never ending.


And for the record, I am sure it wasn't always tea and crumpets around them.  There are things, like correction and discipline, that have to always be taken into consideration.  Those are part of love to, when you love someone enough to tell them to knock it off.


I am no where near the mom that those two women are, I strive to be that kind of mom.  That loves like crazy, that opens her heart and lets all the lives she comes in contact with snuggle in her heart.  I do have so many kids names etched on my heart.  Some call me mom, some call me Margie... and some probably call me names that would break my heart, but most importantly, I hope they know I love them, even though I don't see them as much as I'd love to, I am always always here for them.


Proverbs 31:10-31

10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find? 
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value. 
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands. 
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy. 
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Comments