Lots of stuff going on in my heart





Sunday - written on the plane

One of the hardest things for me to do is sit still.

I'm a doer. Something needs done I do it. That's also been something that's been hard for me throughout this trip I'm here with other doers, hence, why we are all here. We've heard the Word of God, we've seen what he's done, and our natural reaction is to love like he does. 
I get fidgety and a little nuts when I can't do something. There are few people who ease my soul enough for me to remain calm in those moments. My Pean is one of those but she's not here. Poor thing, she's my mini me. My friend Katie also can do it. And one or two others. The fact that I can drink 6 gallons of strong iced tea in 30 seconds flat doesn't make things easier for me. 
Often I know I should take a break, relax, breathe, and listen but instead I'm a fruit loopy hummingbird flitting around. Then God does it. He says sit. He puts me with people who love me who are doers too so that I must take a minute or seven and listen and breathe Him in, and listen. Which also means I must shut up! He gave us two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we talk:)
He says it... Be still and know I am God. I will be exhalted among the nations.
As I follow Him, I must stop, sit, and listen. Oh brother, it's gonna get quiet. And loud all at the same time.

Loveyou

Comments