Whatever is....

I meant to get up at 5:30 this morning however 6:30ish was the best I could do. I wanted to catch the quiet of the morning. Watch God put His hand on the sun to make it rise.

Quiet scares me. God speaks in the quiet times and says things I don't always want to hear. But sometimes in the quietness of the morning He speaks of a love so great for me.

He speaks in beautifully planted trees that let the perfect amount I sunlight through to warm my soul. He speaks in the balancing of fog on the water that rolls slowly towards me so that even just for a second I could imagine what it must be like to sit on a cloud.
Hearing the fish jump from the water to get that morning breakfast that God has provided makes me think of all the ways He provides for me that I must always be on the lookout for His miracles and His constant love.

The smell of the wooden dock, the water, and the crispness of the morning remind me of simpler times when I remember a time when I always felt loved.

For a moment I don't think of the "nots" in my life. 
I think of this...
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

I love my super quiet alone time with God, as today I sit before Him and I am reminded of all He is and all the things He says I am.

Comments