Blooming!


I was listening to a podcast today and I find it funny (ironic) about God’s timing.

I have been thinking so much about parents who are jealous of their kids. Or even people who are jealous of others and how we don’t celebrate the goodness in other’s lives.

Have you ever seen someone they cut someone else down, and then play it off with a HAHA or a just kidding?

I have been guilty of this myself. I hate it about myself.

There has been something that God has been working on in me, CELEBRATE others and all that God created them to be, because, just like me, they need to be celebrated!

Today I was listening to a Podcast from Elevation Church (yes, it’s true, I’m still listening to them!), it was called “Living a better life, cancel the audition” it’s the 3rd part in the series. WOW! I am constantly blown away by the Word that is delivered straight to my heart by these podcasts. Today it was talking about (this is me paraphrasing) how God already chose us, HE CHOSE US for the part we are to play in His story. And so many times, people speak death into us, things that make us fearful, the death that people speak to us put mountains in front of us that keep us from being all we created to be.

Eph 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Isn’t it incredible how our words can speak life or death to others? We can choose to lift others up or WWE wrestling slam them to the mats. Ever see someone as you speak life to them and see the confidence they go forward with? Or the way their shoulders slump over if we hurt them?

We have that kind of power.

Kingdom forward or Kingdom rearward.

Our words can do that.

When we find ourselves jealous of others, instead of tearing someone down, even if we say it in a joking way (it is NOT FUNNY!) we need to see the greatness in others and celebrate it instead of tearing them down.

Yesterday that happened to me. Someone wasn’t nice to me (in a joking way) after I shared with them some good news and I asked very quickly, like in my next breath, God reveal what the deal is… and He did, because, well, He loves me, and wants me to be encouraged. He reveals His truth to me…

I am now even more aware of why we need to celebrate other’s good news, the greatness in them, God has a plan for them, they are chosen by God! Before anyone knew them, before they were born, they are chosen by God for greatness.

Sometimes its difficult to see what God created me to be, to celebrate the things that God has chosen in my life, because I have heard, and they have stuck to me and I see the prickly thorns of a rose instead of the beautiful flower God has created me to be.

But today… I’m choosing.

I’m choosing the view from above, the flower, not the view of the thorns.

I am chosen too… for the greatness that God has created in me.

And you too! Now go bloom!





Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
choose Life! Amen!
jules said…
You speak many words of life to many people ~ even if its just a comment on fb ~ I have been struggling lately, and your posts are so encouraging to me, that thru it all God still loves me, even when I am angry inside, he is working on making me better, and because of you I see that light sometimes. Yesterday your comment made me instantly think of a few scriptures, Eph 4:29 was the first one (my favorite by the way) no matter what others do, its what I do and say that should matter most. Then I went onto biblegatway to find the scripture I was thinking about, because I could not recall the exact one, but I knew most of it. Thank you for that, for speaking words of life to me.

HUGS!!!

Julie Lazarz