Daily worship

When I would go to Catholic church I'd look up at the numbers above the piano player and is check each song to see if I liked it. 


Soon after I was saved I went to a baptist church and sometimes I'd really love the songs we would sing and sometimes I'd just sit down... What a jerk. Not standing in awe if God because I didn't like a song. :/ It's so different now, when I hear a song that I've sung a million times, I think about the love I felt the first time I heard it, or I think of a verse in the bible where God has spoken to me just like the song is speaking to my heart (BTW, I am not always perfect at doing this... sometimes I still sigh)

There is a song that says "I'll bring you more than a song , for a song in itself is not what You have required". 

I'm quite sure that God loves our Sunday morning singing. I've stood in fuel and alive and heard the kids giving their voices to what their heart are feeling and for a moment I've heard what God hears, in the hugs and the tears I've been given a glimpse of what God feels.

The spot where
I wrote this post
But I know God wants more than our Sunday mornings, or our Wednesday evenings or the moments when we serve Him, whenever that is. He wants our whole lives, our hearts, and He wants us to be honest with Him. And in those times of being mad or sad, I have to remember that He loves me and His grace is sufficient. 

I personally can't walk into the auditorium or sanctuary or whatever we call it at our building and sing sings to God and hear His voice if I haven't given Him my whole life all week. I can't work out worship on Sunday mornings. If I try, I spend the whole time saying I'm sorry and that's no way to honor the Creator of the universe.

I shocked people the other day when I told them what I told God. I think there may have been an audible gasp. Well, what I said was true, and being honest about it and sharing it helps me to receive God's grace and helps me to give it when people are honest with me (even if I want to audibly gasp).

I am working out worship where I stand everyday, working out loving others, and loving myself.

Sometimes it hugs, or footballs. Sometimes it going away parties and favorite drinks.  And sometimes it's simply telling myself that God created me beautiful.

But every time... It is love. Sweet sweet love. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Such a good writer. Keep raising your hand in class.