I'm just doing my best...


I don’t have to worry about you judging me… I’m judging myself enough.

I decided after last weekend’s canning episode of canning pickles and 5 whole quarts of tomatoes that I would just freeze the rest of my crops.  It’s just easier.  I didn’t say it was easy, if it were easy, everyone would do it.  And quite frankly it’s just a lot of work. (I have a total of 8 quarts put away)

I was able to freeze corn & broccoli last week. And I decided that even though I’d rather can… I just don’t have the time (or energy) to do all of that on a Friday night.  And really, that’s the only time I have to do it. 

I have 9 basil plants outside that will be made into pesto this weekend, and I will freeze that too.  SUMMER YUM in a bag.  Did I mention… we love pesto!

I can hear a certain individual in my life speaking words of “you can’t do it all, Margie”. BLAH BLAH! Here’s the thing, I will strive to do my best everytime! And sometimes I might have to strive for someone else’s best but I will NEVER give up on trying to be the best I can be!  EVER!  Though I can still hear my gram saying “take it easy on the curves” her way of telling me to slow down! HA! I think she probably knew that would never happen!

I found myself driving home tonight wishing I was in a life group at church.  It’s been a long time since I’ve been in one, and I’m starting to miss the community, though I don’t know if I was much of a community to anyone… but it was great to love and be loved! But seriously… I am not sure if I have time…  and finding a group is sometimes hard. No.  I am not joining the single’s group… so don’t even suggest it…  and if you comment about it, I will DELETE your comment. I just don’t want to (and you’re going to make me upset).  Seriously not sure if I have the time, I have to be careful, because I have been known to overbook myself… and this is a busy time for me… who are we kidding it’s always busy for me, but we’ve got lots at Alive going on… and I have a Sisterhood reunion (please be praying about my time off for that!), Cedar Point, etc. 

So that’s it, just trying to manage my time…  freezing instead of canning… book study on Mondays instead of LG on Fridays (and maybe that will change!).

So I’m here… just doing my best…


Comments