It's Saturday!

If I do the work now... I can enjoy
days like this!
It's not exactly a hunker down, put on a sweater kind of weekend, but I will be preparing for winter today.  Lots of frozen meals, freezing, canning, etc.  Maybe even some yard work :) before I pick up Leah and then we go to church.

I've got Taco Chili in the crockpot, I have adapted this recipe because I had pot roast that was cut up for "soup" and some taco meat.  That's one good thing about stewy dishes or soups, they are easily adapted.  I'm cleaning out my freezer to store up!  HA!

I've also got chicken in the crock pot for White Chicken Chili.  This recipe is my favorite.

I like that I have a long weekend to get this stuff done so I can really have a great time and enjoy the fall and the evenings after I get home from work.  Here is my secret of why I really get up so early... I hate doing things after work and the pressure to get it all done, so if I get up with the chickens, when I get home I can enjoy my evenings/nights.

Things to do this weekend:

Go to Blocks
Update Gradec Facebook
Clean Basement (scrapbook stuff)
Can tomatoes
Freeze Broccoli
Make pesto
Cut down some of the flowers in the front
Clean organize pantry (I did some yesterday - but it's kind of crazy!)
Bible reading!  (today is Ez 17-20) plus catch up :)
Clean house!  (completed yesterday!)
Clean garage (someone is coming Monday!)

Hope you enjoy your holiday weekend!  No matter how you spend it!


Comments