Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, September 17, 2012

Kids these days

It’s never a dull moment in my life… I pull into Starbucks to get dinner, yes, dinner. It’s an easily trackable item… I pull out and these 4 kids go riding past me on their bikes, and when I say “Kids” I am thinking they were the ages of 8-11. And I KNOW! What were they doing riding down Southfield!?!!?!?!?!?!?


The youngest of the kids gives me the finger. Yes, that’s right, gives me the finger, and I am pretty sure he wasn’t saying I was number one! So, thankfully for him, I am in a pretty harmless mood, but I did decide to give them a little scare! I pulled out and cut them off at the street… and I got out of my car and yelled at them. Who did they think they were giving me the finger?! Seriously, I let them go! The youngest one almost cried!

I’d say “kids these days” but I am wondering where their parents are! That is just too little to be riding their bikes down Southfield. And I feel bad for some parents who work a lot just to make ends meet, but isn’t that where as “a village” we step in and we set a couple extra plates at the table? Isn’t that where we love those kids who need help and show the real love of Jesus? I know it’s hard and I know we are all busy, but we can’t live our lives when it’s too late saying “if only I had…”

I’m in love with kids. Mostly high schoolers but I seem to be a little enamored with the Jr. Higher variety too! I found myself in the back of Fuel today praying for those loveable, yet stinky kids, I found myself talking to them, loving them, just listening. I am not sure always where I am supposed to be, but when I am around all those kids, it feels like… home.

I’m so blessed to get to love those kids!!  The kids "these days", I really do love them!

1 John 4:19  We love because he first loved us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

stinky is right. the first time i walked into the venue i thought it smelled like a mixture of B.O. and Doritos.
-Beverly

Anonymous said...

Thats funny I would have been the kid giving you the finger , but on my own recognince. Good for you for stopping.