No fear

Do you know god says do not fear or do not be afraid like a gazillion or maybe more like over 100 times in the bible?

You'd think that by now I'd know to listen. I still don't. I think it's pastor chilly who says fear isn't even real. 

I used to worry myself sick. 
Literally to the point that I felt like I was constantly going to throw up. You know what my doctor said? "write down everything you worry about everyday and put it in a box in the back of your closet and at the end of the month open the box and see how many things actually came true. Huh. 
You know how many?
Zero
Yes that's right.
Zero
I try to remember that when I find myself worrying. 
I often find myself with friends who are worrying about something.
Sometimes all I can say is "it's gonna be all right" and I hug them.  
and I feel so dumb because I wish I could give great advice, but it won't sound nearly as eloquent from me as it did from Ken Bussell to say "you know there is a fine line between worrying and sinning"

Maybe they are having to move out of state
Or maybe they don't know where the grocery money will come from.  
Sometimes it is going in a direction that they didn't know was coming. 

I've been a worrier about money most of my life, though, that has subsided since God said to me when I was in the planning stage of going to Haiti "don't you trust Me?".  I have gone to be hungry in order for my daughter to eat (do you think it's a coincidence that I can eat for over a month on just what's in my pantry???!!!!)

There is a song by train that says something like "I'm not in it to win it, I'm in it for love" and I'd like to say that I think those are the same things because I believe love wins :) so if you find yourself nervous about what the future may bring or whatever is on your mind and heart, here's my hand (and heart) extended... I'm in it to win it with you, I'm here to hold your hand and love you through it...

Because fear isn't real.

But Faith and love.

Those are real. 

Forever.

Comments