Ramblings...

A few years ago I took a break from Sunday Night Youth Activities. It wasn’t something that I necessarily wanted to do, but God told me I needed to, He had a lot to do.

I stayed connected in various ways because I love the kids, and I truly believe in Jesus, and I believe He is what will change lives.

After a crazy summer, I am back in Youth Ministry, doing some of the same things I did before, and some different things. It’s new and exciting again! Praying about the direction of where God is leading me and how He wants me to love “my kids”.

It’s a lot of work, I feel like I’m back in constant Youth Ministry mode, check on this, spend my lunch calling there… it’s great! Knowing in some crazy way that I am moving the Kingdom forward, even if it’s finding a cheap photo booth or securing a camp for the winter retreat. I know that these are things that no one may ever recognize or think they are important, but the details are important, and I’m thankful to support those who lead! They are the secret weapons of Youth Ministry.

Trying to get the rest of my schedule in check is proving itself tricky. When the school year was in full swing, it was easier, but now with a college student it’s a lot different. I have barely been home in the last two weeks, late nights of mentoring, spending time with friends, loving students, I don’t want to neglect my own home. My family needs me too.

Praying for wisdom in all those, and specifically carving out Sunday mornings/early afternoons for family time. In a couple weeks we go for Pedi’s and I’m so excited!

I also know that I must kept myself fed in lots of different ways because I know that if I don’t fill myself with Love, it is disasterous!

I will tell you a secret, on every Detroit Mission Trip prior to this year, I rarely opened my bible, I didn’t make it a priority to listen to praise and worship music EVERY day. And I will tell you that by the end of the week, I was tired and super crabby. It’s one of those moments that if Momma ain’t happy, no one is happy. And that’s no good.

So as this school year is super crazy, I am making sure that I am listening to the bible, “fill me up” music, and listening to lots of Podcasts.

The last couple weeks I’ve been listening to Elevation Church, I actually listen to the same Podcast 2 or 3 times every day. I can almost jump out of my skin each time by the truth that God is speaking to me. Sometimes I laugh out loud, sometimes I say “Amen” to myself and sometimes outloud. Currently I am in the “Waiting Room” series. It’s sooo good. Today’s message “be joyful where you are” .

I must tell you, that is so hard for people who are planners. I even sometimes plan for the bottom to drop out when things are good. But lately, I’ve been enjoying every moment. I don’t even plan what time I go to bed. I just live in each moment. The other day I was at the Dorband’s and Judah (my snuggliest muffin) just climbed on my lap and snuggled. And I found myself captured in the moment. I even might have forgotten where I was for a moment, and then it happened, Levi climbed up too and then I realized where I was… I was in heaven. For that moment, I was in heaven. You might not know, but I prayed for those boys. I prayed loving prayers, and desperate prayers. Those boys are etched in my heart by Jesus Himself. I love those boys (and Zion too). I am living in the moments, I didn’t think about the moments when they would get down, I just loved in the moment. A perfectly orchestrated moment. So good.

Things might not be exactly how I’d like at every moment of my days, but in times at parks, or snuggles from boys, quiet times, loud times, moment by moment, I’m loving it.

I’m sure I won’t always be like this, but right now, I speak love when I feel it, a hug a little harder, and love a little more.

While I’m waiting (and working)…
Is 40:28-31
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord They will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.



Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Amen! Live in the Eternal Now!
Anonymous said…
I just love u. Write all the way to the front row. God speaks through you,