Stronger than I think... and never alone

There is a song from the movie “fighting temptations” that has a line that says:


I used to wake up somedays
and wish i'd stayed asleep
cuz i went to bed on top of the world
today the worlds on top of me

I went to bed last night after a great visit with a friend, thinking that I could take on anything today. I woke up… remembering that sometimes things just aren’t that easy.

I forget to get into my bible this morning. Isn’t that crazy, something that I need as much as air, I forget. Rectifying that as soon as I am done here, but I really feel like I need to write. Thankfully my dear dear sweet friend sent me a text… Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will

Do you know that I wear that scripture around my neck? It is one that I have always needed around my neck. I live in the world, and it’s hard sometimes for me not to be worldly… But I know that I am in this world, not part of it. But to tell you the truth, I’ve dropped a few F*bombs in the last couple days… oh boy… I’ve got a heart condition.

Part of me just wants to put in some Eminem or something that just makes me a little bit on edge, but off the edge is where I need to be… so I will put on the bible, pray, listen to songs that are uplifting, pray, listen to a podcast, pray, and hope for a hug at some point today, and… pray. Because if I go back to the old ways… it is like this verse:

Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly

I'd rather not return to vomit, thank you very much.
I know that people think I’m so strong, but today I am not feeling so strong. But I know so much that when I am weak, He is strong. I am always reminded (when I feel weak) of one of my favorite verses (which is why it is so important to know God’s word, even if you don’t know exactly where it is found – I just happen to be a numbers kind of girl so I know where things are found)

2 Cor 12:9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me

I know! God has all this, He holds my world in His hand. And I think that almost in every thing I do, I do it afraid. There is a quote from Winnie the Pooh

you are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
But I never had seen the whole quote until today

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”
  AGAIN, I am thinking about how much people mean to us, and why it is important to speak life into others so that when they have moments like I am having, they know they are loved. People need to know that they have people in their corner. Walking with them, praying for them, loving them. I have a few of those people that are with me always even if they are not with me. I’m so very thankful for them (you).

It is so important to speak life into those we love, so that they will always know that even when the world seems to be on top of them, they have someone to help them roll it off. Speak life into people, build them up (in Jesus) so that they will have His strength to come up against whatever comes their way.

Eph 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen

Moving forward.

Knowing I am loved.

Comments

Felisol said…
Great speech, words in right time.
"My grace is sufficient for you..when I am weak, then I am strong."
Those well known words spoke to me, and wow, do I feel strong.
Daily food for my soul, I know I need it, but I'm not that good reading regularly in my Bible. It's like I'm most eagerly searching when I'm low and in need. No wonder the Lord has to send me reminders now and then.
I am lucky though to have blog friends,who take time and share their food with me. Thank you for a tasty meal.