A good day

It was such a good day! I got to go to the symphony. Maybe it's true what they say that music calms the savage beast. Not that I'm a savage beast however my nerves have seen better days.
But today was a good day. Probably didn't hurt that I no longer have pms. Lol (you read this blog you read at your own risk).

It was the alive Halloween party and certainly a perfect example of the body of Christ coming together to make it a perfect night to bring glory to Jesus. Lots of kids accepted Jesus/returned to Him! Now that's something to celebrate.

There was lots of food, fun , and candy. You know how some parents eat their kids Halloween candy? I did . Two things... Cream soda suckers and bettermade BBQ potato chips. Not too bad of a momma because she didn't like them anyway.

I love love love cream soda suckers. I could and have eaten myself sick on cream soda suckers. I haven't had one in months because... Well I ate myself sick on them one weekend.

It was a great weekend. It was the weekend of our leadership retreat. We had the perfect amount of training, relaxing, swimming, outdoors. The trails were really cool. I love being outside. Even though I have never fashioned myself an outdoors kind of girl I find myself loving the outdoors and enjoying the sun the smells of outdoors. The way the sun warms me from the inside. Jumping into a lake. 
It's a funny thing how our sense of smell or taste and even our sense of touch can transfer us back to a memories. So many times we think about the way something looks and we lock it into our memory bank but sometimes I think our other senses are just as important to our memory banks. 
Sometimes I smell something and I'm transferred to another time or place. Realizing this I have learned to describe the way a memory feels not just the way it looks. It's really helped me to hone my writing skills. 

It was a good day today. One filled with lots of smiles and happiness. It's amazing how good you can feel when you remember you're loved. 

Romans 12:8-12If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
 Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. 

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
and the evening and the morning were a lovely day......and God said, it is good....:)
Trish said…
Sounds like just what you needed sweet girl!
Mrs. Mac said…
Yes ... sights, sounds and scents can transport us to another place .. long ago time. Keep truckin' for the Lord Miss Margie