A long weekend!

I haven’t been on here in a few days. I’ve been working like a crazy person. It’s been at home, at work, I even dream about work.

And it’s not going to slow up anytime soon. At least for the next month or so.

I missed the worship night last night, hoping to catch the service at 3PM today at Courage Church. My body is exhausted and my spirit needs renewing. It’s great to go there for a lot of reasons, first that God is there, and second, that nobody expects anything from me except love and friendship. That might seem dumb but I’m empty. I’ve got nothing to give right now.

There is a song called the Desert Song… I know I’m filled to be emptied again…

But I haven’t stopped to be filled. I closed my own opening. It’s not that I don’t have people in my life that pour God’s love into me, it’s that I am not around and half around, distracted. Like Jeanne Mayo says I have to be the kind of friend I need but it’s hard when you’re tired and empty, it’s hard to reach out when you can’t seem to find the strength to lift your arm.

I decided that while I was at work today, I would stop stressing about whether I would make it to church and had church in my cubicle. I found myself sobbing to the worship music.

So I turned on my Rhapsody Playlist and just let God speak to me, no messiness, no world, just listened.  I let God sing to me.  The song He's sung to me so many times... I loveyou.  And I heard it over and over and over again.  I loveyou.  And before I knew it, my heart was softening, and I was crying big tears. 

These were the songs:
Salvation is Here
One thing Remains
Hosanna (en Espanol)
You hold me now
Come and Listen

It's been a long weekend and not in a good way...  it's been a long week.  And I'm tired.  But I'm thankful, as always, to whom much is given, much is required.

One church had a big service day today that I was supposed to be part of, and I missed it. But I prayed as they went out and loved.  one church had their grand opening in SW Detroit.  I missed it, and I was sad that I missed church, but that is one of the many grand things about loving a living God, He is always with you... so you can have church anywhere!

Comments