Choosing love

Please don't hate me

Those were words that seemed funny for me to hear. I love people in my life and hate doesn't/didn't seem possible. At all.
Have you ever held a grudge? 
Do you realize how much pain that causes?

Just think about holding out your arms. Do it. Right now. 

Hold your arm out for a half hour. I'm not asking you to put anything in your hand. Just hold it out. Soon after holding it out, your arm will start to ache. 

Imagine holding anything. Especially a grudge that causes pain not only to the person that you're holding it against but to yourself. Typically when you say the word "against" it's negative. Painful. 

Life is too short for painfulness. Let alone causing it to yourself. 

I think about how many times I've withheld forgiveness and it makes me sick. The time I lost the joy. Ugh. What a bonehead. There are many things we have to even forgive ourselves for and seek the forgiveness of God.

Please don't hate me. 

I won't. I don't have it in me.

Hate breeds sickness. And I'm sick of puking and feeling sick. 

I'm choosing love. 

Always.

I'll always be in it to win it.
Because I've always been in it for love.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
No hate here! And .. you are loved.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.