Finding love in their eyes

Have you ever looked into someone's eyes and wonder where the life went? 
I have had times when I have seen someone smile and looked into their eyes and said "what's wrong?" Only to have them start to cry and ask me how I knew... You have to know people. To look past the surface. There is much more to look at than just a smile. I know because often I hide behind mine.

It actually happened to me today. Someone asked me. Most people don't pay much attention but this sweet person did.  I was actually surprised they noticed.
I've seen people have to make decisions that broke their heart. And it was like the glass that held their dreams bust wide open and their life, love, and dreams shattered with the glass. It's heartbreaking for me to see those kinds of things because I've had it in my own life.

To see people I care about be sad because of decisions they are forced to make is heartbreaking. And there are so many who need to be loved and cared about. Death , sickness, hardship , life is hard, so thankful for Jesus.

Tonight I find myself praying for those who need love to be returned to it. 
Love that's true is hard to leave and it's never forgotten. And it should be lived out and life returned to the eyes that held it.

Comments