How He came

Do you remember the day that the Holy Spirit enveloped you? The day you handed your life over to Jesus?


Sometimes people come to Jesus out of fear. Sometimes they run right towards Him in wild abandon.

Me. I fell right into His arms. I pretty much collapsed. I decided that the weight I carried was just too much.

I don’t typically think of God as angry, though I know He can be. I think of Him as loving. I never thought I’d be good enough for Him to love me. And I was right. Otherwise, I would not need Jesus. He paid it all. I have imagined the beating He took, but cannot bring myself to watch the whole Passion of the Christ Movie because I just can’t take it.

I think of God as loving because that’s where I found Him. Loving me. Like a father watches a baby girl struggle and when the struggle is just too much, she lets go, and there he was, waiting. He pursued me. He left the 99 to come get me. He held His arms open, waiting for me. I was the “Prodigal son” but only a girl.

The first time I ever heard the song “Winter Snow” I fell in love with it. He could have come anyway that He pleased. He is a King, could have just blasted in on a big horse, or some craziness, but instead, He came as a child. Soft and Sweet.

I’ll never forget where He found me, or how much He loved me.

This verse blew me away today… and I don’t know why… John 1: 46 “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked. “Come and see,” said Philip.

He is good. All the time.

Winter Snow – By Chris Tomlin

Could've come like a mighty storm
With all the strength of a hurricane
You could've come like a forest fire
With the power of Heaven in Your flame

But You came like a winter snow
Quiet and soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

You could've swept in like a tidal wave
Or an ocean to ravish our hearts
You could have come through like a roaring flood
To wipe away the things we've scarred

But You came like a winter snow, yes, You did
You were quiet, You were soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

Ooh no, Your voice wasn't in a bush burning
No, Your voice wasn't in a rushing wind
It was still, it was small, it was hidden

Oh, You came like a winter snow
Quiet and soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

Falling, oh yeah, to the earth below
You came falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

Comments

Pat said…
I've never heard that song...how beautiful!
Pat said…
I've never heard that song...how beautiful!
Jada's Gigi said…
He meets each of us exactly where we are.
Mrs. Mac said…
Yes .. I remember the day .. then I shared my joy with my husband and he met Jesus too.