The love I deserve

We accept the love we think we deserve. 

I could probably write 5 posts about this one sentence an maybe someday I will. But we will start with just one for today (& maybe save one for my book )
I was thinking about this line through the whole rest of the Movie. 

I was thinking about how I think deep down I didn't really deserve to be loved. That somehow my issues (everyone has them) far outweighed anything that I could offer someone.  After dating people who expected me to be perfect all the time I knew that it was something that I couldn't maintain nor, to be honest did I want to. As much as I like to be dressed up and looking fancy I just really do love a big sweatshirt or a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I also really do love a baseball hat :) and finally after opening my heart to it, I believe I'm beautiful. Not in a conceited way but in a way that God created me to be. 

I never have been the romantical type. Lol. 
Until I realized how sweet and freeing it could be. 

So what do I believe I deserve?

I deserve long walks by the water
Hugs and snugs
Hand holding 
Sharing memories 
Sweet pictures to remind us if feelings we have
Childhood memories 
Butterflies
Being defended
And sometimes being told what's best for me (& actually listening)
Long laughs
Serious conversations
The ability to give and receive gifts
Sweet surprises
Long term plans
Flowers
Texts that say "can't wait" 
Special spots 

I deserve to feel love from both sides 

My thought process is so different now. I will accept the love I deserve because that is what God created for me. 

In it to win it and in it for love .




And I deserve a comment ;)

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
I will comment: First, you are beautiful in a baseball cap AND sweats. I think you need to just release all of the pre-conceived ideas you have .. and expectations. Love can start off with the butterflies, going out dressy .. anticipation .. narrow down your ideas to start off. Let love build without a list to check off. Of course, there should be some absolutes on a short list .. such as a devoted love for God and Christian morality. I think that falling in love at a young age you don't know what to have on your 'list' .. so you are free to build and experience the relationship as you grow more deeply in love. When you have a list beforehand, you tend to compare the person to the list and when they fall short .. or you fall short, then it's time to give up. Does this make sense? Now that you are grown up and with a young adult daughter, you can have a fresh start .. but remember to not have a measuring stick (long list). Love grows differently with each couple. The key point is 'grows' .. it's a relationship that develops layers as time passes. If you come to the table with a list in your head, then your heart might not be free to grow into a relationship. Sorry if this is confusing .. just know that you are an amazing woman with lots to offer.