Things I am working on...

In automotive, we call it WIP.  Work in Progress.  It's when you start something (a part of a process) and it's better staged and then you move it to final assembly.  Here is an example. 

From a company called ECI
When making wire harnesses, you cut and terminate the wire all in one spot.  And when it's time to assemble you move it to the desired location and complete the final assembly.  It would not make sense in any way to cut and terminate wire at the final assembly line.

I am a work in progress. There is a lot of things I am working on...  I always want to be better.  There are things that sometimes I "fall back" to.  Like when I get busy, I carry things to the basement, set them there, and there they sit until I am like "ohmyword, its a mess down here" and I clean it all up (and usually throw a whole bunch of stuff away!) and I'm working on stopping that before it gets out of control.  Truthfully when you're busy, that kind of happens. 

If you know me... you know I love love love LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat out.  I'd eat out almost every meal, all the time.  Funny because I love to cook.  Eating out is not condusive to keeping a budget on track or not ending up looking like a middle linebacker.  I'm working on getting back to cooking more, freezing meals, making lunches, only Starbucks Trenta black tea 3 times in one week (and am I the only one who will almost always save it for the last three days of the week?)  I especially like to eat lunch out because it breaks up my day.  Hopefully my back really gets back to normal and I can start walking at lunch after eating my leftovers :)

I finally caught up on my bible reading.  Why do I let myself get behind especially when I know how good it is for me?  I'm reading the bible in chronological order... an  d I'm to the New Testament!!  I know it is completely dorky that I am excited about that!  but seriously!  I feel like it's such an accomplishment to finish (I will!!!) because I've never done it before!  It's like running your first marathon only WAY better.

I'm working on ways to be thoughtful that don't cost a lot of money.  You see, if I know you'll love something, and I can afford it, I buy it, but sometimes that makes people uncomfortable so I am thinking of silly sweet things to let know people I'm thinking of them.  Like sending videos on my phone, or making things I know they will enjoy (for dinner), folding the laundry or cleaning up something or making sure there is groceries...  I am thoughtful but don't have a lot of time...  so sometimes it's a card... but don't be mad if one day you're at work or home... and a package arrives...  HA  or I show up with your favorite gum or drink or candy bar... it's just the way I roll because I know... I'm the lucky one to love you.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people

One of the greatest things is that I get scripture to my phone everyday.

Comments

jules said…
I'm the lucky one to know you!!!! Loveya Girl! Your an inspiration, I hope you realize that!

Hugs!

Julie
Jada's Gigi said…
always working on something. :) and what a great attitude to realize what a blessing it is to have someones around to love.