Dreaming... I hear You... I'm going to be quiet, and Dream

I deleted my post from last night… well, I actually didn’t delete it, but I reverted it to draft. What a mess I am. It’s true. But I decided to delete it anyway.


My eyes have broken blood vessels from puking, my eyes are swollen from the millions of tears and yes, it’s millions, I have cried. I feel like I’m under attack, and can’t get out from underneath it all. And I still say that God is good. Why? Because He is. My circumstances may suck but He is always good. Even if I can’t feel Him, if my heart is broken from tons of different things, when I have no peace because my house was broken into, He is good. He is. My light seems dim, barely lit, but He is good. And I think of John 1:5

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

My light may be dim, but it still shines. I will raise my hands to a God who gives and takes away. And I will allow God to heal me, protect me, and fight for me.  My heart just sang this verse to me.

Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”


Pic from here
I normally do not do this… but I am going to share something I received today from incourage I keep saying that I can’t hear or feel God, and it’s true. I keep doing what I know to do… and two people told me today told me the same thing, sit with your Father. One said it really nice… and the other said “sit down and shut up” and both were heard loud and clear (thank you ladies, and thank You Jesus for these two beautiful women in my life!).  Your love and words mean the world to me, and your prayers are priceless.  I know that God has got great plans for me... and "someone" is trying to stop that.
As a person who will always tend to go to the back of the class and hide from everything and everyone. I tend to close off from the outside world… and then I got this today…

God speaks to us in a lot of ways… and we need to be open to all of them.

A Dare for you to keep dreaming

Nov 5, 2015 by Holly Gerth

Hey, You…
The one wondering if it’s safe to dream anymore.
The one who has to swat discouragement away like a pesky fly.
I know those feelings too.
Can I lean in and whisper this hard truth?
The riskiest thing is not to dream.
The only way to avoiding making mistakes is not to do anything–
and that’s the biggest mistake of all.
The only way to avoid being hurt is to never love–
and being alone in that way is the deepest wound a heart can have.
The things that help us feel safe are the same ones that can put us at greatest risk.
You are braver, stronger, more capable than you know.
And the God you serve is bigger than you’ve yet experienced.
Dream, girl.
Dream today. Dream tomorrow.
Dream until the day you die.
And then discover that you’ve done what mattered most–you’ve really lived.

–Holley Gerth, (in)courage cofounder and best-selling author of You’re Already Amazing

http://www.incourage.me/2012/11/a-dare-for-you-to-keep-dreaming.html?utm_source=%28in%29courage+Email+Subscribers&utm_campaign=c91daa21b9-INCOURAGE-RSS-EMAIL-CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email


Comments