Finding the light

I am so thankful for my friend Becky. She saw me yesterday, a mess. I was trying to work on a spreadsheet to distract me from what was bothering me. There isn’t a spreadsheet that could have done that, really. I think God sent her at that very moment because He knew I needed her.


I was in the auditorium with the kids yesterday, I am just always amazed how good God is. There was a moment when the Holy Spirit spoke to me. Read the book of John, see the miracles. You can’t really argue with that. I also challenged a few people to do it with me, partly because it will hold me accountable, and partly because I know we all need to see God’s miracles.

This summer I read “Sun Stand Still” by Steven Furtick. Great book. I would not recommend you read it though. LOL. Everyone I know that read it has come under spiritual attack. So unless you want that, don’t read it. I laugh because I know that through the darkness, we come out closer to God, but this has been really horrible, and every time I ask someone to pray for me and they say “you should go on something” it makes me feel like they don’t believe me. That spiritual warfare isn’t real… But I guess when we come out on the other side and the light is brighter, and we are more in love with Jesus, then how can that be bad (even if it is hard while we go through it). Reminds me of the scripture 1 Cor 10:13 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. He always provides for us so that we can do more than just endure, but sometimes enduring is all we can do.

So… back to God’s word… because that’s where today was headed… Joshua prayed to God for the sun to stand still in Josh 10, and what if our faith was so big that whatever we needed, we believed God would do it. We could say, I need another day or whatever and we believed that God gave us those desires, and He would make it happen.

It reminds me of a friend I have. When we are together, time stands still. I can remember being up all night and thinking it was like midnight, and it was 5am. It’s just that way. Talking, laughing, crying, whatever, but time seems to stand still. It’s the most amazing thing. An hour seems like a minute. I do believe that was a God thing. It’s pretty cool.

All weekend I wasn’t able to write, I didn’t have a stomach ache, but I couldn’t write. The words didn’t come. Even my blogs have been kind of stinky lately. That stinks really. Because I have a few things I need to write about… but the words aren’t coming. It’s time for some on your face time with Jesus. I don’t know how to get any closer to Him than to be on my face before Him. It’s not something I do very often, most of my time with God is done in normal conversation… but sometimes face time is needed. He’s been bringing me to my knees anyway… so might as well submit. Maybe then He will make the “sun stand still” and He will deliver us from our enemies, the enemy, and then our desires, our dreams, His glory will be revealed and completed.

The book.

Keep writing, keep shining, keep going, keep praying. It’s time for some real facetime. Not the kind that we do on our iphones.

These are the verses that blew me away today… I am sure you know John 3:16, but as it kept going, I was like “light, light, LIGHT!!!!!” (and then I remembered John 1:5 which always makes me happy!)

Shine on...

John 3:16-21(NIV) 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

John 3:16-21 (MSG) 16-18 “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.

19-21 “This is the crisis we’re in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won’t come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is.”



Comments