I voted!

I voted today. I hope you did too. It’s one of those things, that we must cast our vote, but trust that nothing happens without God’s permission. I'll say it... Jesus will never be president but in Isaiah 9:6 it says For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (can I get an Amen?!)

How I choose who I am going to vote for is based on a few things… I can tell you all the reasons… but I won’t, except one. Money. I always always always vote based on money. I never ever vote based on pro-life, pro-choice, the president is not going to do anything about that. Get over it, it’s my blog. I know the bible says that we can’t serve two masters… but I can’t pay for my daughter’s college (yes, I pay for it by the grace of God and His provision), send people on Mission Trips, go myself, if the government takes all my money.

This is the first time EVER I voted for a democrat. That was hard, especially since I didn’t want to, but I didn’t want the Republican in office, so I voted for one democrat (and I’ll just say it wasn’t the president). That was weird, and I got a hand cramp from all those circles I had to fill in. Jeez…

Proposals, bond issues, those are the things that matter… why didn’t people post THOSE on facebook.

Be educated in your vote. Know what you’re voting for. Take your kids to vote, it’s important that they see you do this. I always went with my dad. Speaking of my dad, he is a great educator on proposals, bond issues, etc. He researches them, tells me both sides of the issues, and then usually we don’t agree on one but at least I know what I’m voting for.

Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God





Comments