No regrets just love

I know that it could be misunderstood that I may be regretting my crazy summer, or any part of it.


I don’t.

I just don’t understand.

Most of the time I don’t.

I just have a control problem, I like to know what God has planned.

I know Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

So much was revealed this summer to me about a lot of things. It was awesome… and now I’m back in the dark, and I don’t like it one bit.

While it’s true I trust God, I wonder if He’s saying to me “do you really trust Me?” If I feel like He’s left me so that I will seek Him more.

I don’t know.

Do you see a theme here? I don’t know anything.

While I might not know anything… Might not? Ha! That’s funny.

I am thankful.

I’m thankful for love, I’m thankful for Haiti, I’m thankful for El Salvador, I’m thankful for MY WHOLE summer. I learned a lot, I learned to open my heart bigger than I ever thought possible, and I really don’t think I’m done yet.

I’m just afraid. What if it’s never that good again?

That’s scary. I can say that this summer was probably the best I ever had, because I loved.

I hate fear. I won’t be afraid, because love just doesn’t end.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love

And I know my blog seems kind of crazy, but I feel like I can’t be the only one who goes through stuff and is afraid to share thinking that people will think I’m weak or vulnerable. Well, I am. But in all things, I give thanks.  And I will never ever be sorry I loved.

1 Thes 5:17-18 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope u got my last post I know our summer love was not a regret. Just a long long day. Sorry you had to see me crazy
Deb said…
I know that God knows - and that's all I need to know. When you get to that place, you will have so much more peace. Let it go. :) That is all. Hugs!