Thankful

I woke up this morning saying that I would be thankful for whatever comes my way. I can’t control a lot of things… I can’t control if someone breaks in my house, I can’t control if someone hits my daughter’s car, I can’t control…


But I can control my attitude and my level of thankfulness. I feel like I’ve been living that “Footprints” poem because I can’t seem to make it on my own, and I know that through battles and sadness, God is carrying me, so gently, that sometimes I can’t even feel Him, but I know He is there.

I was listening to the radio, and 10,000 reasons came on. I have 10,000 reasons to praise Him, I have more than 10,000 reasons to praise Him. I even started getting misty this morning thinking about it! So many people are posting one thing a day that they are thankful for. I have been thankful for my Netti Pot and iced tea. Maybe some people think it’s dumb that I would thank God for those things, but I am! So why not mention it?



Also I got some AMAZING NEWS! that I will share soon but can't yet, but it's AMAZING AMAZING!  SO BIG!  It's God-sized BIG!  I don't know why I'm always surprised that when things are hard, and we work through those hard times  - with God - and when we continually Praise Him, there is always rainbow after the rain .

So here I go…

My house.

Warm house

Basement that holds more stuff than we need

Washer and dryer

Pantry full of food

Full fridge

Full freezer

2 winter coats

Winter boots

Lots of pairs of gloves

Warm Scarves

Phyllis

Music

Car that runs

Warm car

Remote start

I can afford the gas for my car

Good windshield wipers

I can afford insurance

4 tires with air in them

Job

For lots of work that keeps me busy

For God’s provision (my paycheck)

Haiti

The “muffins” in Haiti

For a great summer

For rest

For love so big that I didn’t know it existed

For sisters who pray

For sister who tell you what you need to do

For sisters who make sure you do what you need to do (they nag me)

For friends who love me

For friends who God uses to provide for me

For bracelets that will help raise money for the orphanage & my trip in the summer

for my salvation

for joy

for a Love from God that never lets go

grace

forgiveness

for shoes

for clothes

for a bigger butt than I’d like because God has provided food

peace

for family

for my friend Katie who loves me everyday no matter what

the opportunity to serve with the best Youth Pastor EVER! (Adam)

I get to watch students grow

YOU!

Jesus

God

Holy Spirit

Iced Tea

Netti Pot

Health Insurance

I can pay for my daughter’s college

For her car

For my 12th grade girls

For people in my life who live Jesus

For my church

For my extended church

Music

Gum

Tooth brushes

Tooth paste

For clean water

“my kids” past

“my kids” present

“my kids” future

For people that pray for me

To pray for others

Bible

The ability to read

The ability to learn

The ability to write

Skills to do math

Jeans

My “barefoot” shoes

Socks

My iphone

Post it notes

Journal

Pens that write great (you know you love them too)

My awesome handwriting

Markers

Sweaters

Pajamas

Cute underwear

Head

Shoulders

Knees

Toes

Fingers

Hips

Hands

Arms that can hug

The sound of you and I

My mom

My dad

My stepmom

My “step” family, but they just feel like regular family now

For facebook

For twitter

For my blog

Levi

Judah

Zion

Ava

Lana

My “little cousins”

My mom’s family

Lots to write about for my book

My laptop

My computer

A TV

Cable

Plastic for my windows in the winter

4 seasons in Michigan

The friends God sends

God sized dreams

A God who knows way better than me!

The dreams that God has given me

People who have come in my life

People who have left (and the reasons)

The ability to organize

The ability to love


MANY MANY MORE!!!!


More to come later!

Comments

Momma said…
Eucharisteo always preceeds the miracle!!!!