walking forward

I do believe that there is a giant struggle between the flesh and the spirit. I've seen it happen in others, but I never really felt like I was under attack.  I mean, I always fight fear, but lately, I feel like I’m fighting a lot more than that.

Picture from here
When things get difficult, I tend to retreat, and I have to fight that. You will find me in the back, or pulling away. I take the path of least resistance. I will do everything I can to retreat. And I have a strong personality. But I often feel lonely. I could be a room of 200 people, all of whom I know, and I am totally uncomfortable. Where does it come from? I don’t know, but it’s true.

Retreating makes me feel lonelier. It’s a terribly vicious cycle. I have to fight against it. It is not ok to take the path of least resistance.

I must always walk to the front, sit in the front. Lean in to love others, like I need to be loved. But it’s hard, and it’s harder now.

That’s not always easy to do… Today, I’ve been on the path of least resistance. I can’t always do that, but today it was necessary for survival.

Tomorrow is a new day… taking one step closer to the front… putting on the armor

Eph 6:11-13
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.




Comments