What are you going to choose to believe? I choose love.



It’s the morning after the election, and there are a lot of sore losers. I loved a FB status I saw that says “I’m glad I’m not a wine maker, there are a lot of sour grapes this morning”.

This I know. God is still in control, Jesus is the Savior of the World. No matter who is the president, what proposals passed or didn’t, and who controls the House and the Senate. Seriously, if you want change, forget about your vote and get on your knees and start praying. And then hop to your feet and go be a world changer, one life at a time.

In this crazy election, everyone believes something different. Mostly it’s just all perception, and you hear what you want to hear, you believe what you choose to believe. But you better believe in something. I believe this…

John 14:1-6

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home.[a] If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?[b] 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

5 “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

I remember going to a funeral and the priest read all the way up to verse 5 and stopped. The person didn’t believe in Jesus in His Savior, however, they went to church. I almost jumped out of my skin at that moment. I mean seriously. I almost ran up the alter and finished verse 6 (that I know by heart). In my mind this was the perfect opportunity for the priest to say “if you don’t believe that Jesus is the way” you’re not going to make it into heaven. You will NOT have eternal life.

I have relatives that say “what if someone has never heard of Jesus?” Well, isn’t that why we are called in Matthew 28 to go make disciples. We are to go to the end of the earth, and Jesus will be with us.

I don’t know what happens to those who have not heard… I believe in a loving God, and so I choose to believe that He will handle all that as He sees fit. HOWEVER, I think that we will be held accountable for the times when we could have shared, and we didn’t.

In the song Beautiful Feet it says “how can he believe in something he ain’t ever heard”

I can tell you that so many times people SEE Jesus before they hear us. They see how we love before they listen to what they say. That saying “people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care”

Today is a new day. I don’t always like the outcome of the day before, surely, there is one thing I’d change in my life, but we all must do what we need to do. Even if it breaks our hearts, but I know this, God is good. He loves me, provides for me, speaks to me. He loves me (yes, I said it twice).

He has great plans for me like it says in Jer 29:11 (NLT) For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Do yourself this favor… read the rest

12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 14 I will be found by you,” says the LORD. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.”

It is important to know the word of God. If you want to know what He says, learn it, so you can believe it. His Word stands on it’s own.

He is a God who loves you. He is a God that provides. He is a Savior. He is a God who wants you to love others.  He loves.

Pray. Seek. Listen. Love.

Go.Be.Love.

Picture from here

Comments