Being beautiful

Yesterday I was at one of my favorite places and I got up to go to the bathroom, and as I walked past someone and as usual, I smiled at them (that’s what I try to do), I had just walked past and they said “you’re beautiful”. I actually turned around because I wasn’t really sure what I had heard, and they said it again “you’re beautiful”. It made me smile all the way to the bathroom and I thought to myself “well, there is something you don’t hear everyday”.


I was listening to a podcast today and it was talking about how we have so many titles and if we could pick one a title of all that we have, which one would we prefer. You know what title I’d prefer?

Beautiful

That’s what I’d like my title to be.

I don’t want to be thought of like a super model (because Lord knows that won’t happen). I want to be thought of as beautiful because of the light that shines from me.

I remember when he’d say “you’re pretty”. I wasn’t called pretty much in my life. Cute sometimes, ugly often, and surely I was told I was “too” something many times (and not in a good way), so hearing I was pretty was quite a change. Sometimes I feel cute or pretty but rarely do I feel beautiful.

I want to feel the way that God made me, He made me feel beautiful. He didn’t make me ugly.

Today I was in this really cool antique store, I didn’t necessarily love all the things in the store but it was cool. There was some really neat stuff in the store, there was this amazing long bench that I would love for… I don’t even know where but I loved it! I wish I could have gotten it!

I was walking through the store and happened to look over into a mirror, and I thought, wow, I do feel beautiful! I think a lot of it has to do with that I feel so great while I am in the city. It’s not like I had some fancy outfit on, just normal jeans, barefoot shoes, and a sweater. I had spent the morning with my great friend for breakfast, and then headed off for a toy delivery, and then a cute shop in the city, and I was on my way home when I stopped in that store. I don’t know what it was, I just felt so beautiful. 

That’s what I want to be, I want to be beautiful.  Heart open.  Full of love.  Giving freely.

Just as God created me to be.

Beautiful

Song of Songs 4:7 You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you




Comments