Crockpot bags & recipes

Consider this a public service announcement…


Crockpot bags. They are usually by the Ziploc bags.

You need them. They are wonderful.

They make clean up a breeze.

I don’t use my crockpot unless I have them, because I don’t want to have to scrub my crockpot.

A lot of times I will make the whole meal ahead in the bag, and then in the morning, I put the bag (with the contents in the crock pot and turn it on. Scoop out the insides, and then throw the bag way, give the crock pot a rinse…

That’s some good stuff.

I made pot roast last night/today.

2 lbs of beef, I am not sure of the cut, cheap without a lot of fat
1 can of cream of mushroom soup

1 packet of dry onion soup mix
6 carrots cut in 3 inch pieces, note, I didn’t say baby carrots. Those are gross and have no flavor or nutritional value, and if you like eating veggies washed in bleach, you can use those
1 onion sliced up
A handful of mushrooms
Salt & pepper

It was good, although I’d make the following changes…

I’d add another can of soup, and more mushrooms or I might just through in a packet of Au Jus gravy (and water) and eliminate the soup all together.

I was going to make potatoes, because let’s face it, I make the best mashed potatoes EVER and potatoes go with pot roast, but I decided that who makes up the rules of what goes with what, and noodles was faster, so that’s what I made. What can I say, I’m a rebel. I made some asparagus. Yum!

OHMYWORD! I also made dinner for tomorrow because there was a recipe I wanted to try on Skinnytaste.com ok, seriously. This is sooooo good. (Cheryl, I know you read this… I’m bringing for Christmas – tell my dad. It’s A-MAZING!)

Easy Broccoli Pasta. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/09/pasta-with-roasted-broccoli.html

What’s not to super love. Broccoli, Pasta, garlic, cheese. YUM! Here is the recipe, I put in my notes

Pasta with Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Oil

1 – ½ lbs broccoli florets ( I used 2 heads)
8 oz of pasta (I used bowtie)
6-8 cloves garlic, smashed (you think this sounds like a lot, but you need it, it’s amazing)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt and fresh pepper
1/4 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano (I have not idea how much I used)

Preheat oven to 450°. In a baking dish combine broccoli, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Roast broccoli about 20 minutes, tossing half way, until broccoli is browned and tender.

Meanwhile, boil salted water in a large pot. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the water from the pasta.
Drain and toss pasta with broccoli. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water (or more if necessary), Pecorino Romano, salt and pepper to taste


You… you know you wished you lived here. We cook up some good grub in these parts! HA! And we are fabulous… both reasons to want to live here.

I know this sounds weird… but I feel super beautiful today. Extra love. Maybe it’s because I am feeling comfortable in my own skin, making food for my family.

Thankful for Jesus. God loves me.

Comments