I've got to do SOMETHING!!!

I asked for a map yesterday for Christmas. I want to travel the world. Some people want to travel the world to see the majesty of buildings, to drink wine in one of those boats in Italy. And I’d love to do that. But I want to see the majesty in the faces that God created, to hug them, to show them Jesus.

Have you ever known someone who died because of dirty water? I've not only known someone, I've loved someone, I’ve hugged her, I’ve kissed her sweet face, and I’m heartbroken. I was listening to TD Jakes yesterday and he said that we pray for what we need. I don’t find myself praying for clean water for myself, because I don’t need it. That need is already met. (I pray for it for others, clean water should always be available!!) It is accessible to me every day, in hundreds of different places. If I am thirsty, I can stop by a gas station and get a bottle of water. I used to pour out water that didn’t taste good because it had sat out all night (I actually don’t do that anymore, I drink it).Because I am not wanting or wishing for clean water, admittedly, I forget to thank God for it.

Have you ever hugged an orphan from the other side of the world. Felt so desperate to hold your nephews (or even your own children if you’ve adopted or are in the process) your heart aches? I have. I’m not called to adopt my own children from other countries “officially” but I love them like they were mine.  I find myself wanting to wrap my arms around the whole world!

I’ve held a muffin so tired and sick that her sparkle had snuggled into my arms. I've used the gift of being a mother to love all offer the world.

I may never have walked in the red dirt of Africa (though I dream about it), I have never physically been in the Asian countries where they don't know Jesus, but my heart has been there in the lives I've sent and prayed for.

I am not the one who serves every week in the city, I just am not that person. I’m not the one who they ask to lead ministries. I am the kind of person who just shows up, or organizes a trip, or writes a check. My life is crazy busy and I feel like whenever I make a commitment (not by the direction of God) I mess it up (go figure). I am on the board of a non-profit for an orphanage, and that is God’s direction, and I LOVE it!!  God knew!

I can tell you all the things that I don’t do… Or that I spend too much money on things that aren’t eternally focused. Or that I wouldn’t be good at (you never want me to lead worship from the stage, I can’t sing a note! The whole joyful noise thing… I’m all about that), however, God uses us all for different purposes, but with one end in mind… His Glory… that His love be all over the world!

I find myself conflicted sometimes… I am sometimes too worldly for my own good. I shop on Amazon like it’s going out of style. I find myself angry when I can’t get the book 1000 gifts for $5 because I want to give it as gifts, there is only so much money.

And then I find myself screaming at God, what else can I do? I’ve got to do something!!

I don’t really want to tell you the things I do from the sidelines, if you want ideas, I can give you some… whatever it is, big or small. Show up somewhere, it costs nothing to love someone.

I do what He calls me to do, whatever that is, no matter how silly it looks!

 And right now… I’ve got 250 bracelets to sell for $10 each.(I feel so crazy called to sell these bracelets, every single one!!! even though I am able to send back what I don't sell) I received the bracelets from an organization called Apparent Project.  I purchase them for $4 each, that money supports the people of Haiti. Each bracelet has a brief write up of the person who made the bracelet. $3 goes to the non-profit that I am on the board of Gradec Orphanage in Haiti. we are saving to buy land (we currently rent the space for the orphanage – God has given us quite a vision!), and $3 goes towards my mission trip this summer.

Maybe you are called to buy 1, 2, 3, or even 10 for people in your lives! We can all make a difference, somehow.

I have sold 20 in the last two days! (so far 35!). I can mail them to you (you have to pay the postage and supplies), meet you somewhere for the exchange, sell them to you at church. They are really cute, they are for a good cause! Perfect for a Christmas gift!!!

We are all called to do something… I can’t do everything, but I can do something. And so can you!

Isaiah 1:17 (NLT)
Learn to do good.
Seek justice.
Help the oppressed.
Defend the cause of orphans.
Fight for the rights of widows.



Comments