Love is a crazy thing.

I heard on the radio today a song and one of the lines said "I'd rather have one moment with you than two by myself". How true is that?!? Especially of its someone that when you're with them time stands still. I've had that in my life and it's amazing.

I was dreaming about the city. My heart beats a little faster (and not because I'm scared) when I'm in the city.  I love all aspects of it. I love the liveliness of the downtown area, I love those who are in need of love. I love the city and I always have. 

I woke up this morning at 1am thinking about El Salvador and the people there. Mostly the muffins. I thought about their sweet faces and their warm smiles. I remembered how it took time for them to really warm up to me. It was so different than Haiti. In Haiti it was instant hugs from the children, in El Salvador it took time. Like we had to almost earn it. Thank goodness for suckers. Haha! But really try had to feel like we could be trusted.

Isn't it crazy how love grows in our lives. I can't remember the moment I fell in love not the exact moment but I remember being in love. I remember at some point trusting enough to let love be in my life. 

People in our lives are like that. We have to earn the right to be heard in their lives. In order to really trust us, we've got to earn it. We've got to be real and honest in order for them to trust us to love them.  

Love is a crazy thing. 

It's the greatest thing.

I'll never be sorry I loved.



Comments