Music of my heart

Music can have such a lasting effect on me, even when a song is written for one thing, and I might feel the emotion that the writer meant to portray, however, I can hear a song and I may think of something else. There are always parts of songs that ring true to our hearts even if the whole song doesn’t.


Yesterday I was on 75 coming home from Courage and the song by Adele came on “Sky Fall” I remember the first time I heard the song, I remember thinking, this is the kind of sing that's " I could lose it all, and I’d still be ok. I remember thinking its the kind if song that says "no matter what comes up against me, it’s you and me against… whatever… or whoever". You know those kind of songs that are more of a battle cry but yesterday, when I heard it... It was something different, it was complete contentedness (I don’t think that really a word, but go with me). I was thinking, wow, whatever happens God, if the sky falls, if it crumbles, we will stand tall, face it altogether…

No matter what
You’re here
No matter what I try to hide
You see it
And You love me
You call me closer
The more I pull away
You’re here
You never leave
Whatever happens
The choices I make
You’re here
You love me
I don’t know why
But You’re here
You love me

It seems so simple, and the more He loves me, the more I love Him, the more He pursues me, the more I want to pursue Him. The more I stand by Him.  I feel so content in His love.  I know that no matter what happens, He loves me and never leaves me.

The media and a whole bunch of people have determined that the Mayans have predicted that the world will end on Friday, and I have to tell you that I wouldn’t mind if Jesus came on Monday. I mean, I sure did a lot of planning for Christmas, and just went shopping for Joy to the D! but how fabulous would it be to worship with Jesus face to face on His birthday!! I wouldn’t be sad.

I'm thankful that no matter what, He loves me... and never leaves me.

Matthew 28:20b And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.



Comments