Our days are filled with love, if that's what we choose

Making ornaments

Making fish faces

 What a great day! I slept in until 8 or something, then I got a bunch of stuff done, then off to get some shopping done… and then my friend picked me up and we celebrated my niece Ava’s birthday! We went to Roma’s for a special day! And then we went to Belle Isle Aquarium for the first time that it’s been re-opened, which seems kind of crazy that this the first time I’ve been there. I was very excited! Maybe even more than them! About 3 of the tanks in, a great gentleman walked up to us and started telling us about all the different fish, and a lot of the history of the Aquarium, the fish. We even ended up getting a special tour of “behind the scenes”. I wonder how that happens. I think that when I love others I have some special beauty that glows from me. Not what I look like but my spirit. And honestly, it was sooo awesome! I love loving.

It was such a different day than the day before.

Lana, Amanda, Ava

Ava, Aunt Margie, & Lana

The past day or so has been rough. I was feeling kind of lonely on Friday morning. A song came on my playlist (Gavin De Graw, Not over you), and I found myself feeling so lonely. I found myself listing all the people I was missing.  It was really hard.  I took that loneliness and just started seeking God. I don’t always know what to do when I feel like that. Maybe I was having a weak moment, maybe God was calling for my heart. I don’t know what it was… but I started just praying. Stay focused Margie, let nothing move you… Keep walking towards to Me Margie… Keep reading My Word. Keep your eyes focused on me.

And then I heard about Conneticut. Ugh. That evil is just… I don’t even know if there is a word to describe it… maybe heart breaking. And I was trying not to cry. But you know me, I don’t do that very well. I asked God what I should do… what can we do in times like that…

We can love. We can love those in our midst. We can remember that there are soooo many that need God’s love. There are some in my midst, that need love. I thought about how I would ever answer God if someone did something like that had been in my midst, and I didn’t love them. How would I answer that?

There have been so many times that in my own loneliness, in my own selfishness I have walked away from an opportunity to love. That breaks my heart. I have to seek forgiveness and repent of that. I have love more.

About a year ago, maybe even longer… God called me to step down from any official ministry. He said “I’ve got some work to do in you”. God has given me quite a few awesome gifts, He is my provider, He is my SAVIOR, but one of the things He did, was that He took away my ministry. And that meant that in order to do what He wanted, I had to be completely in tune with Him. It meant that I had to pray, I had to seek the Names of Him. I had to not just talk to God, but I had to listen. And you know, that’s hard for me sometimes (a lot of times). I had to trust. He would ask me to do some of the craziest things, and I would think “that’s nuts, and they are going to think that I am nuts…” but I was able to be used by God and bless so many others! And the things He did in me, was crazy. I fell more and more in love with Him everyday. It made me a better lover of people.

And so in this time when evil is among us, I need to be in tune with God, I need to be in line with His ways, I need to love Him, so I can listen and love others.

ordering
Romans 12:9-21 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.Do not be conceited.

Lana, Aunt Margie, Ava
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
  


Comments