peaceful seas

It’s so easy for me to get wrapped up in a mess. Sometimes it’s so easy, I don’t even know how it happens… but I do… me and my big mouth.


That’s why it is so important for me to be accountable. I don’t want someone to find out I did something that could have easily been avoided and caused a whole bunch of drama. You know the kind… Tidal wave, mass destruction, plain ole mess kind of stuff.

Sometimes I just want to expose something, I want to say “I knew this was gonna happen, and I asked for help to prevent it and no one listened” or maybe it’s just easier for me to point out someone else’s sin, than my own.

And that, my friends, is why I have well-rooted Christian friends. They say to me “knock it off” or they tell me, don’t get involved in that, I know you think you want to help, but really, that is going to be a mess, and you don’t want to be anywhere near the shore when that tidal wave comes crashing down.

Have you ever gotten crappy advice from someone who’s heart just isn’t in line with the heart of God. Maybe they mean to do the right thing, and maybe you’ve bounced things off of them before, but right now, their heart, and God’s just don’t line up. And so, you get advice, you follow with through with that advice, and then it turns out to be a mess, you look like a mess, it’s just… well… messy.

1 Cor 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”

Their poor advice, maybe my own lack of prayer in a situation, makes me look like a donkey’s behind… And sometimes it makes us look like we have less than stellar character.

If there is one thing I am learning, I am not the wave maker at Kalahari. I want to be the kind of person who lives in peaceful seas. I love the saying “sometimes God calms the storm, and sometimes God calms His child”. When things get crazy around me, I just want to be calm, without wanting to throw up.

I am so thankful for the people in my life who have their hearts in line with the heart of God. I am so thankful that they help me to live grace giving (and help me to be better at receiving love and grace). I find myself thankful for His word that is such an incredible guide to my life, even though I’m not always fabulous at following it, but I keep striving.

I’m thankful that I don’t have to live in drama any longer unless I go to the theater.

Comments