You must have a dream to have a dream come true!

I dream of a day that I walk up the stairs of an apartment building where I can smell pancakes cooking or I hear some mom yelling at her child, "come on get your clothes on we have to get to church."

I dream of driving up to a building that I drive by now that is empty. That has no windows. Where the wind blows bitterly threw. You know that kind of wind that makes you bury your face into your hand knit scarf.

The current building walls are buckling from the water that has seeped in will be replaced by color and frames of school pictures.

The current floors are peeling up but to would be filled with match box cars and Barbie doll shoes because the peeling lineoleum is replaced by warm carpet.

The empty first floor apartments is replaced by a small store where families can go and get milk or eggs or a cake mix for family birthday party or maybe an apples for school lunches.  A place where the children can stop in and say "hi" and be loved or maybe even a little help with your homework. A place they can come with their awesome report cards and their first time on the honor roll for a big hug and a free candy bar, or encouragement for a "you'll do better next time just come down here when you need help".

I dream of such a place where people learn about Jesus by the way they are loved not by what is preached at them. The children hear the craziest stories in the bible and say "that can be true" but someone shows them the word of God and shows them the Truth.

Maybe you think this dream is silly or won't come true but I think it's God inspired, and I believe it can come true. I believe that while i am faithful in small things, God will be faithful in ALL things!!

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. (Acts 20:24 NIV)

Comments