Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, January 03, 2013

Giving and Investing

One of the many things I would like to improve on in 2013 is my giving. I was thinking earlier that I wanted to GIVE more. The funny thing is that in the last couple days I have heard many podcasts, readings about titheing and offerings and giving. But there is one thing that was missing.

INVEST

I have been known to show up with a check when needed. Or that I give my time when it’s needed. But I want to do more than just ‘give’ (even though I really do want to give more or both of those things).

But I want to do more than just give. I want to invest. I want to invest in people, in organizations, in things that I believe in, that have an eternal difference.

I want people to know that I love them, that they are loved, and wanted. That they are valuable to God, and to me. I want to speak life into their lives.

I want to invest in missions, local and overseas. I want to spend my time and my money in people that God puts on my heart. I want to love muffins all over the world!

Because I am getting older… and wiser… I’m aware that if I am investing in others, I also need to do a few things to invest in myself… I need to make sure that I am investing my time into myself too, that I am reading the bible (I’m still so happy I finished the whole bible last year!), reading books that are going to help me become the woman God intends for me to be. I am also praying for a mentor. I’ve actually known that I’ve needed one for awhile… so hopefully the person God has for me is praying too! HA!

I am so excited about 2013 and what God is going to do in and through me. I’m excited about seeing the things that I invest in add up. To see the harvest after all the sowing.

Hosea 10:12 Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you.

On a totally different note… what is it about Gavin DeGraw’s music… it’s so catchy… all of it…



No comments: