Giving and Investing

One of the many things I would like to improve on in 2013 is my giving. I was thinking earlier that I wanted to GIVE more. The funny thing is that in the last couple days I have heard many podcasts, readings about titheing and offerings and giving. But there is one thing that was missing.

INVEST

I have been known to show up with a check when needed. Or that I give my time when it’s needed. But I want to do more than just ‘give’ (even though I really do want to give more or both of those things).

But I want to do more than just give. I want to invest. I want to invest in people, in organizations, in things that I believe in, that have an eternal difference.

I want people to know that I love them, that they are loved, and wanted. That they are valuable to God, and to me. I want to speak life into their lives.

I want to invest in missions, local and overseas. I want to spend my time and my money in people that God puts on my heart. I want to love muffins all over the world!

Because I am getting older… and wiser… I’m aware that if I am investing in others, I also need to do a few things to invest in myself… I need to make sure that I am investing my time into myself too, that I am reading the bible (I’m still so happy I finished the whole bible last year!), reading books that are going to help me become the woman God intends for me to be. I am also praying for a mentor. I’ve actually known that I’ve needed one for awhile… so hopefully the person God has for me is praying too! HA!

I am so excited about 2013 and what God is going to do in and through me. I’m excited about seeing the things that I invest in add up. To see the harvest after all the sowing.

Hosea 10:12 Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you.

On a totally different note… what is it about Gavin DeGraw’s music… it’s so catchy… all of it…



Comments