I found refuge!

I woke up this morning hopped out of bed and made lasagne (after I brushed my teeth). Threw the towels in the dryer (aren't you always thankful in the winter that you can leave stuff in the washer and it doesn't get stinky), emptied the dishwasher, refilled the dishwasher, picked up around the house, somewhere in there I took a bath, did my hair, and got dressed... And it was 10am!
I headed off to drop off a meal to a dear sister/mom.
I was wavering about whether I was going to trek over to Courage Church. I will tell you, I was tired, well, more like exhausted. I've got a big day ahead of me. Sunday nights are Alive, and I actually try to get there around 4:30 on days like today, we have winter retreat sign ups, I have printing to do.

Do you ever wonder? How do people get it all done, AND have a clean house, clean clothes, and how can I get all the work I have to do (work work). Oh and let's not forget the ever important spending time with God (there is no chance of success I I don't stay connected with Jesus). I need about 3 more hours in everyday! I need to really pray "sun, stand still!"

The good news ? I went to church. I went seeking Him. I went to hear His Word, get connected during worship, really to take a minute or hour to get reconnected. I love Courage Church! Hugs and love and prayer, Holy Spirit.
I went from exhausted to rejuvenated. From sad to joyful.
From hurting to healing.
I found myself thankful for the saints who came before us and built this church. Each pane of the stained glass. I started laughing thinking that those saints had no idea that there would guitars and loud drums and people jumping. But God knew!
God knew and loved each one that was here before, here now, and those who will fill this church building!

Thank You Jesus that I can seek refuge in You and You are always there, waiting for me. I loveYou!

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. (Psalm 5:11 NIV)

Comments