I'm stepping out, and being courageous!

Do you ever feel like an iceberg?

For a lot of us, we are more below the surface than what people think.  Most of my chaos is below the surface, and often, the craziness of my life comes to the surface.

I think that so much about others, that I really want to get to know them, they seem so wonderful and great, and I want to know the parts that they save for others, the super duper great parts.

For me, I hold a lot back, it's because I've been so hurt before. And so if I hold back, and don't open myself up, then I won't get hurt, but I am tired of iceberg living. I want to me more like a lily pad. Beautiful and flowering on the surface, the best parts of me, and what's below is strength.

Did you know that I am almost always scared?

Yes, it's true, I walk around waiting for the shoe to drop, and I've got 2 or 10 different plans on how to catch the shoe if it falls. A lot of times, it never does.

Last night I totally stepped out of my comfort zone, even though I knew it was the perfect time, even felt like the perfect place, and when I left I felt incredible. It was time to be courageous, to meet my fears head on and to bring the feelings I've kept down for so long to the surface. Those hurts are like the yucky part of soup that needs to be skimmed off, and it's time. And it's hard.

It felt like a huge victory! Dealing with feelings, doing something hard. It take courage to do things that are hard, but it's always worth it!

Josh 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”







Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
As the song says..."we were made to be courageous" In our weakness He is strong!
Beloved said…
Margie,
Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone. You are not alone. I am committed to leaving mine in the rear view mirror. Ready, set, GO!
I am so thankful for the safe space we have created at GSDT.
Peace and good to you, sister.
Chelle