Moving Forward

I only know one way to move.


Forward.

I can't change the past.


Our past, choices, good and bad, are the what makes us who we are today?
Or is it?
I think it's more the lessons we learn not the choices that make us who we are.

I heard a mom today on the radio fretting about her son lying about his lunch or something... She's worried... About what? I don't know. How should she discipline him... But that lie, will teach him a lesson, that lie, doesn’t make him a liar. He made a poor choices.  But just like the son, I am not

I can tell you, I'm not the shining star on the stage, I'm not the one that people pick to speak, and quite frankly I feel invisible in the room sometimes.

But I was made for such a time as this.

I learn while being in the background. I see how things work (and how they don't). I'm not in the back because I'm ashamed, I'm in the back because I need to learn how things work, be faithful in the small things, and He will trust me with greater things (notice I didn't say more). I do small things, like blog every day, in preparation for the future!

There have been times that I thought that I was never good enough to be in the front, that I should “hide” in the back because I was never good enough. But I don’t believe that lie any longer.!

Well, God created me for greater.

I’m moving forward.

I refuse to be the lie that I am the poor choices I have made.

I've hurt people.
People have hurt me.
Does it make it better when we throw it in their faces or they throw it in ours?
No.
What makes it better is when we talk about it, apologize (or accept the apology), give (& accept grace), learn from it, and move forward.

What can we change of the past? Nothing.

But we can breathe life into our own future and the future of others.

I woke up this morning singing "moving forward" by Israel Houghton. Been singing it all day.

What a moment, You have brought me to…

I’m not looking back, unless it’s a lesson I learned, so that I can move forward, in Him, for all He has created for me! I can’t do any of this on my own… but in God…

Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

Comments

Diane said…
I just wanted you to know that I'm reading and I'm learning. I visit almost every day and sometimes don't leave comments (sometimes can't leave comments because blogger apparently thinks I don't need to!). I am here, I am reading, I am being refreshed for such a time as this. I love you!
Unknown said…
Just started to read your blog today, Margie. Couldn't put it down. So much honesty. I wish that I could be more honest about the wrong choices that I have made in my life. Reading your blog is truly a help. Keep it up!