Random Ramblings from New York!

New York taught me a lot of crazy lessons. It's one of the busiest places on earth but somehow God knew it would bring peace to my spirit.

If something is important to you, you'll make time for it. I had quite a bucket list of things I really wanted to do in 3.5 short days in New York. I honestly didn't care too much about touristy stuff, I wanted to go to some musicals, Central Park, eat pizza, go to magnolia bakery, shop in greenwich village, go to brooklyn, hail a taxi, go on the subway.... And a few other things. I wanted to walk around and see the city. My list was kind of extreme... Not. But that's actually a lot to do in a short amount of time. Of all the things, going to Central Park was probably highest on my list other than the shows. No one else really wanted to go, so just like in other areas of our lives, we make time for the important things, and sometimes that means we get up early. I got up at 6am, got ready, and went to Central Park and just walked around, it was important to me, so I made time for it. Just like we should for people we love, the bible, our families, etc.

Sometimes it's best to give ourselves a different view of a situation. I spent the days deep in the city, however the view was completely different from the top of Rockefeller center. I also had a situation in my life where I just think I was too close and couldn't see the truth. Stepping back, praying for God's wisdom and sight and his view were essential. I honestly wa so saddened by the truth, but the truth sets us free, and sometimes we just need a different view.

Other's have value and their opinions matter. Now I know this one, but unless you're completely selfless, you might need reminding of this too! I probably would not have picked to go on a bus tour, but others wanted to, and honestly, it was AMAZING!!! There are lots to choose from, but we took the Grayline and it was soooo good!! I'm so glad that we did it! We are all different but together we can enrich other's lives!!
Phyllis & Mom

I am always thankful for my life and the crazy life I've lived. At some point I looked over at my family (mom, aunt jan, Angie, & Phyllis) and thought this is what I've been missing my whole life! At that moment I thought "this is amazing God thank You!" And so I am going to make an effort to not only talk about how we should get together but to plan it :)
View from the window of
my seat home

I loved New York! Honestly, hands down, my favorite place on earth!!! Normally when I go on vacation I am already starting to get my head back in the game before the day before I go home, but not New York. I enjoyed all my moments until I left, even the view from the window home.
 
I cannot even tell you how much I needed this trip! I'm already planning my next trip.

Stomp or the last 5 years (if its still there)
Brooklyn
Shopping in Greenwich village
At least half a day in Central Park

Thank You Jesus for the trip!


Comments

Anne S. said…
Sounds like an awesome trip, dream buddy! Can't wait to read more from you!