snow! Snow! SNOW! SNNOOOWWW!!!



I just got done shoveling the snow… I finished all the sidewalks and porches and started on the driveway. And thought “whoa that’s a lot of snow” and honestly I thought “oh maybe later, or maybe it will just melt and I can just forget about it all”.


And then I started to think about my walk. I started thinking about how as I’ve walked with Jesus I’ve conquered a lot of stuff, I’ve done a lot of the easy stuff (shoveled porches & walkways), have even helped others (shoveled other's snow) and some harder stuff like the sidewalks. And sometimes it’s driveways. I look at it and think “whoa, am I ever gonna get there? Is this driveway ever gonna get shoveled, and am I ever going to get to through whatever lesson it is that I'm in.  And sometimes I want to cut corners, maybe leave a little behind, and that’s when I’m gonna slip up. You know like when a little patch of snow behind, then it warms up, then it gets cold again, it freezes up and then whammo! I slip up on that patch of ice and wonder why I didn’t take care of it… Same thing, I feel the pain of the past come back, and I push it down, or don't deal with it, and then it comes up in the form of word vomit or real vomit because I can't hold on to it any longer because it hurts so much!  But I finished the driveway and felt accomplished (that's my driveway pictured - please excuse the garbage cans by the garage but that's real life)

This was inspiring to me. Who would have thought that shoveling snow would give me hope to tackle some big things in my life! God is in everything we do, if we allow Him to be. He’s there no matter what, I think it’s more that we allow Him in, the more He will work! I was starting to get discouraged yesterday… and then I woke up today thinking that I have a choice. And so… I choose to be thankful. I am thankful for where I’ve been, where I am, and where I’m going.

This morning, I am thankful for:

A warm house
The ability to shovel
A long driveway (but not too long) to shovel
A warm bath to come into

I’m thankful for what’s ahead and the peace that is going to come from it. I may not always like the place I am, but it’s all up to me whether I stay here. I read in a book that sometimes the people that have caused us pain have moved on, but the person hurt is still there, still hurt, and they choose healing, they will remain hurt.

This is me, on the road to healing, complete healing, in the Name of Jesus for His glory!

Here I am Lord, ready for what You have for me!  I am hopeful! I wait with great expectation!  And I am not afraid!

Josh 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Sending love!

Gal 5:22-23 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!



Comments