Whywould God?



Pastor Chilly was talking today about the things that God has asked him to do. He had to be courageous. He came to Detroit… and while I love the city, I often wonder why anyone would move to Michigan, let alone Detroit. But God told him too… and he (and Netta) were obedient. And I am SOOOOO glad they were.

But I started thinking about how I’ve asked “why would God?”

From the book
You're already amazing


My first thought is “who in the world do I think I am wondering that?” I’ve got no clue about most things, and God is… well He’s God. He’s the great I am! Sheesh.

I’ve been lucky enough to have God reveal things to me. To have Him replay Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose), to show me how things strung together for His glory. To say that it was amazing is an understatement. To have Him show me was amazing, but then I want to see more. I want to know why I have to go through something, I want to see the end result, like if I go on a diet, I want to see the new pants I get to wear (and what I look like in them) before I am in that size…

I had been thinking lately Why would God leave us broken hearted?

And today I came to this crazy realization…

He didn’t leave us.

Because He never leaves us. (Deut 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you)

We may be broken-hearted, but He did not leave us.

He promised He would never leave us, nor forsake us.

Why do things happen?

Oh I don’t know.

I do know that God knows what He’s doing. He delivered us from death, redeemed our lives, and things are hard sometimes. Doesn’t mean that we don’t love, it just means sometimes things are hard, and we love. We love from the center of who we are, and in the center of me… is Christ. He is my everything.

Why does God do the things He does?

Why does He let somethings happen and somethings not.

I don’t know.

It isn’t for me to question.

For me, I am to love.

He’s got big things planned for my life. He’s got things planned for His glory. I’m excited for things that I can’t even imagine. I know that it is not ok to sit in the back row any longer… that the front row is where I belong!

Excited for everyday, even the hard ones.

Thankful for love. Always.

Psalm 103:1 Praise the LORD, my soul;

all my inmost being, praise his holy name



Comments