Being overcome by Peace




I was listening to a song today by Yolanda Adams, “Victory” and she sings about how our needs are met because Christ is our provider. I started thanking Him for those things, but then I started praising Him for some crazy things He has been doing in my heart. Bringing me some crazy peace.

I have “the book” looming over me, knowing that I am supposed to write it, HOWEVER there are some things I need to work out before I can really start writing. Which, if you know me even a little, you’ll know that I want to write right now! I love writing! I love the thought of this book, it’s name is already chosen with a picture already in my heart (Jessie Owens, be prepared, you’ll be doing the cover).

But in just the last two weeks God has been revealing so much to me and working in my heart, calming my spirit when I’m about to jump out of my own skin because of a number of issues. I can’t believe the way my heart has been calmed by the spirit. Things that would seriously make me “go off” like people missing deadlines, thus making more work for me, or people saying hurtful things, thus sending me into a whirlwind of emotions.

Peace.

Doesn’t mean I’m not annoyed or hurt, but it’s not about me, it’s not about them.

I’ve got Victory.

Death and anger and hurt and fear have lost their sting because I am an overcomer.

Not a crazy waive my sword in the air overcomer but an overcomer who walks with my head held high, in sweet surrender to a God who loves me more than I will ever know.

It’s hard for me not to run around “doing things” but to just stand still. Let God work in me.

Here I am Lord, I loveYou. Perfectly imperfect.

Sending love.





Comments

Becky said…
(((:):):):):))))