Digging a ditch

I feel like I need to get away. Not running from anything or anyone but to get away and just be with Jesus to hear His voice and deal and feel with the pain that is deep down in my soul.
I am hoping to find a small cabin in the middle of nowhere just me & Jesus.

We've been talking about digging ditches with our students. And this is my ditch. I need to get alone with God and be still, listen, and uncover some hurt and be healed.

I will tell you that thinking about this scares me to death. Some people have to do things and doing things doesn't scare me, I know that doing things in obedience is always greater than not but the thought of sitting "at the feet of Jesus" for a whole day by myself kind of scares me.
Facing the giants of my past, dealing with hurt, scares me even though I know that it's like bad Chinese food, it needs to come out by any means possible.
What a chicken i sound like! I wonder how many word bubbles I will have done by the end of that day!

So I'm praying for the place. A quiet place. Where I will sit.

Until this ditch is dug, I can't move forward.

Speak oh God, for your child is listening.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23:1-6 NIV)

Comments