Finding Love

Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor. Proverbs 21:21 NIV

I’ve been taking a really hard look at my life of being busy, of being loud, and plenty of other bad behaviors I have acquired over the years. Sure, it’s good to be busy, but not if I am avoiding dealing with pain that is deep down. Sometimes it is necessary to be loud, but not in a room of 12. Just because I’m loud, that does not make me a leader.

God is completely calming my spirit, because certainly it is not me. He is changing the way I see things. He is changing the way I see myself. That’s huge.

Valued
Loved
Chosen
Worthy of love
Without doing a thing. What? Did I just say that? And do I believe it?

Yes. I do.

There is a saying that is heard frequently in my house. It is not what you know but who you know.

I’d like to just change one letter. One lower case letter to a capital letter.

It is not what you know but Who you know

My heart is overwhelmed by His spirit. Knowing Him. Believing Him. Who HE says I am.

I have found this incredible peace in just being who Christ says I am. Not doing or serving (though I still do those things, but I serve unto the Lord not anyone else.) Their approval is not important to me, but it’s nice to hear that I am appreciated, but I do not NEED it. “well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ ) is what I want to hear at the end of the day, said by the One who loves me the most, the One who I want to know more and more every day, and fall more and more gloriously in love with Him.

All these years, I have longed for a husband and people have said “God’s waiting to send you the right one”.  I think, I know, He is preparing my heart for the one He has for me.  To prepare my heart to love Him more than I could ever love an earthly being, making my love for the one He has for me so much greater.  I don’t really know, but I do know, I’m finding true love. Knowing I was the lucky one.
Sending love.







(I can’t wait to see Needtobreathe in concert!!)

Comments