Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Finding Love

Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor. Proverbs 21:21 NIV

I’ve been taking a really hard look at my life of being busy, of being loud, and plenty of other bad behaviors I have acquired over the years. Sure, it’s good to be busy, but not if I am avoiding dealing with pain that is deep down. Sometimes it is necessary to be loud, but not in a room of 12. Just because I’m loud, that does not make me a leader.

God is completely calming my spirit, because certainly it is not me. He is changing the way I see things. He is changing the way I see myself. That’s huge.

Valued
Loved
Chosen
Worthy of love
Without doing a thing. What? Did I just say that? And do I believe it?

Yes. I do.

There is a saying that is heard frequently in my house. It is not what you know but who you know.

I’d like to just change one letter. One lower case letter to a capital letter.

It is not what you know but Who you know

My heart is overwhelmed by His spirit. Knowing Him. Believing Him. Who HE says I am.

I have found this incredible peace in just being who Christ says I am. Not doing or serving (though I still do those things, but I serve unto the Lord not anyone else.) Their approval is not important to me, but it’s nice to hear that I am appreciated, but I do not NEED it. “well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ ) is what I want to hear at the end of the day, said by the One who loves me the most, the One who I want to know more and more every day, and fall more and more gloriously in love with Him.

All these years, I have longed for a husband and people have said “God’s waiting to send you the right one”.  I think, I know, He is preparing my heart for the one He has for me.  To prepare my heart to love Him more than I could ever love an earthly being, making my love for the one He has for me so much greater.  I don’t really know, but I do know, I’m finding true love. Knowing I was the lucky one.
Sending love.







(I can’t wait to see Needtobreathe in concert!!)

No comments: