FInding true love



John 12:25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.


This verse has been resonating in my heart since Saturday. I was thinking about how much my life before Jesus “seemed” great, and sometimes it’s hard now, but I wouldn’t change it. I would rather have a life with Jesus than a life without. I’d rather be single and follow Him, then married without Him.

I mean if my life was so great before, why did I run hard and fast towards Him? Because I needed something greater. It certainly doesn’t mean that things are easy, but it means that I learn about love that really grows bigger and bigger without limits, everyday.
I’ve lived a life of pain for a long time. I often feel like one of those bombs that have the explosives packed way deep down, just waiting to rupture? That was me. The only way to disarm the bomb that’s been ticking away is to start to disarm it, to start feeling, to get rid of the packing.

I have a long way to go, but wow, the peace I feel when I start to feel, to identify the pain. To actually stop, and take time to feel or rest. It’s crazy great.

Jesus has brought me to a love I never thought I’d know.

I’m thankful to give up my life…

Sending love!



Comments

Kristin said…
Happy Valentines Day friend....may you always know how much you are loved!!