Giving it all away

I was listening to Mark 14 yesterday.

The woman who took that super expensive perfume and poured I in Jesus. And the people who were there were like "what the heck are you doing????" I can only assume that the people there were people who followed Jesus not the law, and even they couldn't understand such a gift.

I have to be honest I hope that people one day say that about me.

I've been thinking about it since I heard it.

While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head. Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, “Why this waste of perfume? It could have been sold for more than a year’s wages and the money given to the poor.” And they rebuked her harshly. “Leave her alone,” said Jesus. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.” (Mark 14:3-9 NIV)


Perfume. Not just any old go to the perfume counter at Macy's perfume, this is perfume that would cost a years wages. That perfume must be like that stuff I got in brazil!

Pastor Chilly always say if God isn't Lord over all of your life He isn't Lord over any of it.

This passage has been stirring my heart. What am I not giving to God that has great value in my life?

I've got to be honest with myself on this. What am I holding back? Money? Heart? What part if my heart? What am I afraid to give up that I might fail, or crazy enough what am I afraid to give up in order to live the life I've always dreamed.

I want my life to be a complete reflection of Him, of His goodness, For His glory!

Giving it all away.

Comments

Trish said…
My sweet girl... You hold nothing back! You love fiercely, give willingly never thinking of yourself! You are a sweet fragrance in my life...I love you'